PHP701 - PHP Scripting
|Schools offering this subject|
|Last revision date||Mar 16, 2015 12:30:01 AM|
|Last review date||Mar 16, 2015 12:30:01 AM|
Students will be introduced to the skills necessary to design, code, and deploy a client-server web-based application. They will create a database driven value-added user-centric application built using PHP and utilizing an FSOSS XAMPP/LAMP development environment. Students will learn to develop AJAX-ified applications, that must be deployed for both desktop and mobile platforms.
Solutions will utilize Object Oriented PHP, jQuery, jQuery.UI, CSS and HTML5. All work in the course requires a db backend, usually MySQL and SQLite (for mobile solutions), use of the mysqli class, and session management to supply a persistence framework for application data. jQuery.mobile will provide the touch-optimized UI framework for mobile solution development in the course.
1 credit in the CTY program
Upon successful completion of this subject the student will be able to:
1. Use project design and management skills to design and implement a web-based PHP application in a FSOSS LAMP/XAMPP development environment
2. Use management and job tasking skills to participate in and manage a small team on a project
3. Use appropriate User Centered Design to add value to an application
4. Design and develop client-server web-based applications in PHP appropriate to their use in their aesthetics, usability, standard coding practices, and technical requirements and restrictions.
5. Logically separate application design elements from functional elements
6. Write PHP using an Object Oriented Programming and Design paradigm, and adhering to specified guidelines and style when writing source code.
7. Design and concurrently develop mobile and desktop business solutions with reusable PHP code and multiple platform-specific interfaces
8. Use and extend session management in PHP
9. Implement and interact with an application's RDBMS back-end.
10. Use jQuery.mobile as a framework for the mobile interface.
11. Use jQuery and jQuery.UI as required for dynamic client-side processing
12. Acquire skill with any variety of languages, libraries, and IT assets needed to develop AJAX-ified applications
Cheating and Plagiarism
Each student should be aware of the College's policy regarding Cheating and Plagiarism. Seneca's Academic Policy will be strictly enforced.
To support academic honesty at Seneca College, all work submitted by students may be reviewed for authenticity and originality, utilizing software tools and third party services. Please visit the Academic Honesty site on http://library.senecacollege.ca for further information regarding cheating and plagiarism policies and procedures.
All students and employees have the right to study and work in an environment that is free from discrimination and/or harassment. Language or activities that defeat this objective violate the College Policy on Discrimination/Harassment and shall not be tolerated. Information and assistance are available from the Student Conduct Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accommodation for Students with Disabilities
The College will provide reasonable accommodation to students with disabilities in order to promote academic success. If you require accommodation, contact the Counselling and Disabilities Services Office at ext. 22900 to initiate the process for documenting, assessing and implementing your individual accommodation needs.