SPM300 - Evolutions Spa
|Schools offering this subject|
|Last revision date||Sep 4, 2013 5:18:02 PM|
|Last review date||Sep 4, 2013 5:18:02 PM|
Evolutions Spa is a fully equipped esthetics facility that is designed to offer various esthetics services to the public while giving opportunities to students to utilize and strengthen skills and knowledge gained in all classes. The Spa prepares students for future jobs in the esthetics field where professionalism is highly valued. Students will be introduced to the daily activities of a spa and will actively participate in all tasks involved in day to day operations including following spa standards of sanitation, health, safety and infection control, performing client services, recommending home care products, booking appointments and marketing.
Upon successful completion of this subject the student will be able to:
1. Demonstrate professionalism by arriving on time and having a clean, neat appearance according to Lab and Program Guidelines;
2. Follow proper hygiene procedures by disinfecting implements after each use and keeping the clinic as well as all work stations clean;
3. Demonstrate helpful and professional attitude when greeting the client and working with other students and staff;
4. Perform all services in an efficient manner, and show gratitude to the client;
5. Actively participate in all set-up procedures and work effectively as a team member;
6. Demonstrate responsibility in handling cash out transactions and daily closing procedures;
7. Perform all practical techniques, with the exception of massage, while wearing gloves;
8. Demonstrate the ability to accurately follow directions, both verbal and written;
9. Demonstrate the ability to work within assigned time frames to meet deadlines;
Essential Employability Skills
Communicate clearly, concisely and correctly in the written, spoken and visual form that fulfils the purpose and meets the needs of the audience.
Respond to written, spoken, or visual messages in a manner that ensures effective communication.
Execute mathematical operations accurately.
Apply a systematic approach to solve problems.
Use a variety of thinking skills to anticipate and solve problems.
Locate, select, organize, and document information using appropriate technology and information systems.
Show respect for diverse opinions, values, belief systems, and contributions of others.
Interact with others in groups or teams in ways that contribute to effective working relationships and the achievement of goals.
Take responsibility for one's own actions, decisions, and consequences.
Cheating and Plagiarism
Each student should be aware of the College's policy regarding Cheating and Plagiarism. Seneca's Academic Policy will be strictly enforced.
To support academic honesty at Seneca College, all work submitted by students may be reviewed for authenticity and originality, utilizing software tools and third party services. Please visit the Academic Honesty site on http://library.senecacollege.ca for further information regarding cheating and plagiarism policies and procedures.
All students and employees have the right to study and work in an environment that is free from discrimination and/or harassment. Language or activities that defeat this objective violate the College Policy on Discrimination/Harassment and shall not be tolerated. Information and assistance are available from the Student Conduct Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accommodation for Students with Disabilities
The College will provide reasonable accommodation to students with disabilities in order to promote academic success. If you require accommodation, contact the Counselling and Disabilities Services Office at ext. 22900 to initiate the process for documenting, assessing and implementing your individual accommodation needs.