Ready for September at Seneca
The following are answers to some of questions most frequently by our students:
What if I have questions about using all the functions of Blackboard/SIRIS?
- For questions about technical services like Blackboard and SIRIS and what you can do with them, please contact the Student Service Desk at 416.493.9867.
Is there any way to find out where the classrooms are located?
Room numbers will be slightly different, depending on the campus. However, as a general rule, here is how to read them:
- Location: A1201
- The "A" refers to building the classroom is in.
- The first digit refers to the level or floor.
- The remaining digits are the classroom number.
- In this case, this class is in Building A, 1st floor in room 201.
How do we access our Seneca email account?
- Starting this semester, Seneca's student email is using Microsoft Outlook. With it, you can access your email and calendar anywhere, including your phone or mobile device. And it comes with a whopping 25 gigabyte mailbox.Start using Microsoft Outlook by logging through Blackboard/My.Seneca or directly at myseneca.ca.
- If you are a first year student, you will have received your username and password with your acceptance package. You should be able to login to your email through Blackboard/My.Seneca. There's also help online or contact the Student Service Desk at 416.493.9867.
When is the first day of school?
- The fall semester begins on September 4 for full-time students. Please check your timetable to find out your first day of classes.
- Part-time Continuing Education classes start again on Friday, Sept. 7.
I can see my timetable on SIRIS, but haven’t received a copy in the mail. Why?
- You may be entering semester 2 or higher (or semester 1 or higher at King Campus), in which case they would not receive it in the mail.
- You may not have received a timetable in the mail if you have not completed your English and/or math assessment test. For Newnham Campus, semester 1 students would still receive their timetables, but the math and English would not yet be included. If you have paid your fees on time, you should now be able to see your other courses on SIRIS, unless English and Math are co-requisites.
- You also may not receive it in the mail if your fees haven’t been paid, or if you are starting semester level 2 or higher of their program (or semester 1 or higher at King).
My timetable does not have all my classes on it, why?
- Your timetable may not have all of your courses on it, if you have not completed an English and/or math assessment test. If you have, please contact registration directly to inquire. Please go to your program page on Seneca’s website and click “Contact Us” to find your Registration & Records contact.
- For semester 2 and up students, classes may be missing on your timetable if you don’t have the necessary pre-requisite(s). If you paid your fees late, you will need to create your own timetable on SIRIS.
I haven’t completed my English and/or math assessment test. When can I do them? Does that mean I won’t get my schedule?
- You may not get your complete timetable until you have completed your assessment test(s). You can book your test online.
Updated August 17, 2012