WORKSHOPS AND SERVICES
Career Services runs the following workshops to help your search for employment. Each workshop includes time for questions and answers and we’ll give you our helpful Tip Sheets and handouts.
- Resume 101 - Learn the basics of resume writing and how to highlight your skills into a high impact way that will get you that all-important interview. After you have attended the Resume 101 workshop, come to our Resume Critique Clinic.
- Cover Letters – As important as the resume, the cover letter highlights your unique skills and links your interests to a specific job opportunity. This workshop will teach you the 4-paragraph solution in detail and help you to present yourself in a more original and enticing way.
- Networking and the Hidden Job Market – Keep in mind that only 20 % of available jobs are advertised. This workshop will teach you where you can look to find those ‘hidden' jobs and how to develop your networking skills in order to increase your chances of finding the job you want.
- Interviewing Skills - From the ‘what to do’ before, during and after the interview to how you can approach the questions you fear the most, this workshop will teach you key information on how to handle interviews successfully.
- Internet Job Search & e-Resumes - Companies worldwide are replacing old processes with Internet-based recruiting systems. Are you ready? If you're not familiar with plain text resumes, keywords and e-recruitment, then it is time for you to find out. Learn effective ways to use this resource as part of your job search package.
Drop-In Resume Critique Clinic
Take 15 minutes to see if your resume passes the 30-second test at our Drop-In Resume Critique Clinics.
No appointment necessary!
King Campus, Main Lobby
Monday 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Tuesday 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. - Room 180
Newnham Campus, Room D2000
Monday through Thursday
10 a.m. - 11 a.m.
2:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Seneca@York Campus, Room S1161
Drop - In Resume Critiques
9:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
**Note: Resume Critique Clinics are great for a quick resume check-up, but they are not designed to teach you how to write an effective resume. If you have not completed Career Planning or Co-op Preparation classes, please attend a free Resume Writing Workshop before attending the Drop-in Resume Critique Clinics.
Workshops at your Campus
King, Main Lobby of Garriock Hall
Markham, Room 180
Newnham, Room D2000
Career Testing & Counselling Services
Making career decisions is one of the most challenging tasks you face throughout your life. Like most things, the more time and effort you put into your career development the more likely you are to reach a satisfying decision. Take the time to learn more about Career Counselling Services and the free Assessment.