Seneca Summer Transition Program
The Summer Transition Program is designed for students with learning disabilities. This program allows incoming students a fun and interactive way to transition from high school to college.
What Is The Seneca Summer Transition Program (STP)?
STP is a FREE four-day, in-residence program running early July each summer. It is designed to assist students with identified learning disabilities to make the transition to post-secondary education. Students will participate in a series of workshops designed to assist in transitioning to college life. STP is open to all high school students entering any Seneca program with an identified Learning Disability.
What will the program provide me?
Our goal is to provide students with the support and skills they need to be academically successful by:
- Experiencing Seneca College by staying on campus
- Discovering on campus resources that are available to you
- Explore various learning styles
- Learn the study skills you will use in a post-secondary environment
- Experiment with assistive technology that will enhance your college experience
- Attend interactive sessions and meet with Seneca staff
- Meet other students, make connections and build social supports
You will learn more about …
- Accessibility services
- Services in the Library/Computer Commons
- Financial support specific to students with learning disabilities
- Clubs, sports, and social activities available at Seneca
A Parent Information Session is offered which includes meeting with Accessibility Counsellors, Assistive Technologists and Learning Strategists designed to answer questions surrounding academic accommodations in a post-secondary setting.
What Past STP Students Had To Say...
“STP offered amazing study tips and tricks. Without this program, I feel I would have needed more help with my courses. Thanks a lot for a wonderful program.”
“STP gave me the confidence to talk to new people and my professors when I needed help. The technology you demonstrated was useful, especially all the hidden features in Microsoft
Office which I used in my program at Seneca.”
“I especially liked the session on study habits. The techniques I learned helped me in my first semester at Seneca. Thanks!”
For More Information
Please e-mail us at STP@senecacollege.ca.
There’s more information about Seneca’s Counselling Services online.
Summer Transition Program, Student Health, Counseling & Accessibility
1750 Finch Ave East
Phone: 416.491.5050 ext. 22900
Students were asked what they thought of the STP program. Here’s what they had to say.
STP Program Overview
During the Summer Transition Program accepted students:
- Stay in Residence - FREE
- Receive three meals each day - FREE
- Participate in workshops on what you need to know to succeed in college - FREE
- Meet and work with faculty and staff who will help you get ready for College
- Enjoy events every evening
There are also special sessions for parents.